Interview with Casetronaut

Here is the second interview I promised you guys this week. I am on a roll! Casetronaut was kind enough to answer my list of questions about himself and his paintings. I hope you enjoy learning more about this etsy artist!
___
Bio:
I’ve lived in Maysville, ky about all my life. I moved around a bit, but I always ended back home here. I’ve been painting for the past couple of years. Self taught, trial and error. I have always been into art in all its forms…

How did you find Etsy? How long have you been selling on Etsy?
My wife started making and selling jewelry on etsy and made an etsy page for my paintings and prints. I’ve had the store online since 2008.

How would you describe your style? Have any other artists etc influenced your style?
My style is hard to describe. I am not a fan of color theory. I pick colors that I like, not colors that go well with others most of the time… Basil Gogos, Dali, many many others are huge influences on me. As well as old movies and general nonsense.

How long have you been creating?
Forever.Do you sell more at one time of year than others?
Sales usually pick up around Christmas…I generally have at least one custom request every 2 months..

What is one thing about your creative process that you think most people don’t know?
I have a little figurine of Bob Ross glued to my easel. He watches every painting I do.

Do you make custom work?
I love doing custom requests in my style.

Do you have a favorite item you have made?
My big Frankenstein is one of my favorites, because it was where I started brushwork. Before it was just a mess on canvas and stencils. I still utilize stencils to get different effects, but I don’t rely on them as heavy as I once did.

What is the best reaction you have gotten from one of your pieces?

I was at a local art guild show and a little girl (6-8 years old) was going up to all my paintings, feeling them( my work is full of textures) and taking pictures with a cell phone camera. Her mom came up to me and apologized, I said it was no big deal. No worries. She said her daughter was taking the pictures and was going to go home and try and draw them. That made my day.

Comments

Post a Comment