Artist Interview: Hissyfit Hairbows



I was very lucky to interview a few vendors at Oddmall, one of them being Hissyfit Hairbows. I loved the rockabilly skull vibe her table was rocking and all the wonderful hair accessories for all kinds of outfits you could find there. If you like her stuff, give her facebook page a bit of love for me, will you?
___
Tell us what got you into crafting.
I wear a lot of hairbows and I buy a lot of hairbows from hot topic but I started realizing Hot Topic hairbows are quite expensive so I started making my own. A lot of rockabilly girls wear hairbows in their hair and I started making hair bows with cherries on it and skulls.


What’s your favorite piece?
My favorite piece would be the shrunken head that’s all done out of clay. His hair is real and he’s got a bone through his nose.


What is the best reaction you have gotten to your stuff?
[People] really like the skull. [On] my displays they really like my gargoyles. I sold one of my skulls at one of the zombie walks and I really regret it now.


If you were a vegetable what would you be dipped in?
Ranch dressing.

How would you describe you art in one word?
Weird… recycled.

Boxers or briefs?
Boxers.


Who is your biggest influence?
I would like to make hairbows for Lady Gaga.

Tell me about your creative process.

I use a lot of recycled things: Bottle caps, vinyl lunchboxes, recycled toys. A lot of my stuff is recycled.


Comments